the organization is Sentara Healthcare
As an individual, research a position that you found at Sentara Healthcare in which you would be interested in upon graduation. The write and describe using publicly available data and information sources, the responsibilities of this job, scope of responsibility, and supervisory responsibilities if appropriate. What does the person in the position do on a day to day basis?
4. As an individual, describe/write within what kind of organization is this position generally situated? How would you go about finding and securing such a position?
How to solve
NVCC Responsibilities of A Registered Nurse Essay
Nursing Assignment Help
In this assignment, we will analyze a position at Sentara Healthcare that you found and are interested in upon graduation. Using publicly available data and information sources, we will describe the responsibilities, scope of responsibility, and any supervisory responsibilities if appropriate. Additionally, we will discuss the day-to-day tasks associated with this position. Furthermore, we will explore the type of organization generally associated with this position and discuss methods for finding and securing such a position.
Answer to Question 1:
The position I found at Sentara Healthcare is the “Clinical Research Coordinator” role. This position is responsible for managing and coordinating clinical research studies within the organization. The individual in this position works closely with clinical researchers, sponsors, and study participants to ensure the smooth execution of research projects.
The responsibilities of a Clinical Research Coordinator include:
1. Coordination: The coordinator oversees all aspects of clinical research studies, including participant recruitment, screening, scheduling, and monitoring. They ensure that the study protocols are followed and that all necessary documentation and regulatory submissions are completed.
2. Data Management: The coordinator collects, organizes, and analyzes data obtained during the research studies. They maintain accurate and up-to-date records, ensuring compliance with confidentiality and data protection regulations.
3. Ethics and Compliance: The coordinator ensures that all research activities adhere to ethical standards and regulatory guidelines. They obtain informed consent from participants, ensure proper handling and storage of investigational products, and report any adverse events or protocol deviations as required.
4. Communication: The coordinator serves as the main point of contact for study participants, healthcare professionals, and other stakeholders. They provide education and support to participants, address any concerns or questions, and collaborate with various departments to ensure effective communication and coordination.
5. Administrative tasks: This position involves administrative duties such as preparing study budgets, managing study supply inventories, and maintaining research-related documentation.
The scope of responsibility for a Clinical Research Coordinator can vary depending on the complexity and scale of the research projects they are involved in. In larger studies, they may have supervisory responsibilities over research staff or be responsible for multiple studies simultaneously.
Answer to Question 2:
The Clinical Research Coordinator position is generally situated within a healthcare organization, specifically in the research department or a dedicated research center within the organization. This role is commonly found in academic medical centers, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and contract research organizations (CROs) that conduct clinical trials.
To find and secure a position as a Clinical Research Coordinator, several strategies can be employed:
1. Research and Networking: Conduct extensive research on healthcare organizations, academic medical centers, hospitals, or pharmaceutical companies that have ongoing clinical research programs. Attend conferences, workshops, and networking events within the medical and research fields to establish connections and gather information about potential job opportunities.
2. Online Job Portals: Utilize job search portals and websites dedicated to healthcare or research-related positions. Customize your search to narrow down options specific to your location and interests. Regularly monitor these portals for new job postings.
3. Professional Associations: Join professional associations related to clinical research, such as the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA). These associations often provide job boards and networking opportunities exclusive to their members.
4. Internships and Volunteering: Consider applying for internships or volunteering opportunities in research departments of healthcare organizations. This can provide valuable experience, networking opportunities, and potential job leads.
5. Academic Institutions: Reach out to academic institutions that have research programs or departments. Many universities and medical schools offer research positions or fellowships specifically tailored to recent graduates looking to gain experience in clinical research.
By implementing these strategies and utilizing the available resources, individuals can increase their chances of finding and securing a position as a Clinical Research Coordinator in a healthcare organization like Sentara Healthcare.