Healthcare Reform in Two States
Part I: The world is becoming smaller and smaller and when companies look to expand they often look outside their original footprint. Rasmussen Healthcare Systems is looking to expand their system to another state. To help advise Rasmussen on this decision, you will write 4-5 pages that compare and contrast the healthcare reform policies of the state where you reside (Florida) and another state of your choice. Please keep in mind the position and facility you selected(Nursing Home Administrator at Golden Age Nursing Home). Make sure to include the following:
- Discuss the purpose of each state’s reform.
- Describe a minimum of three specific examples of similarities and differences in healthcare reform policies in the two states.
- Discuss in detail some of the ethical issues and moral disputes in each state’s reform.
- Discuss your recommendation on whether Rasmussen Healthcare Systems should expand to the second state.
- This portion of your assignment will require you to research and examine information from various sources. Use a minimum of five credible sources for your paper, with three being an academic source from the Rasmussen College Online Library (don’t forget to include in-text citations throughout your paper with paraphrasing or quoting).
- Make sure to include your APA formatted reference page.
Example of Potential Useful Websites
Part II: PowerPoint is typically the application of choice when conducting a meeting. There are many philosophies on how to create an effective PowerPoint, so do some research on the dos and don’ts. Then create a professional PowerPoint that you would present to the management team at your location that highlights your research. SkillSurfer in the online tutoring platform offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced tutorials on Microsoft Office products. Make sure to include the following in your PowerPoint:
- Length of PowerPoint is up to the student.
- Highlight specific policy changes in each state’s reform.
- Highlight each similarity and difference.
- Highlight your final recommendation on whether Rasmussen Healthcare Systems should expand to the other state.
- Use the Notes area on each slide as needed to expand on the key points.
How to solve
Mod 4 project Nursing Assignment Help
This assignment requires a comparison and contrast between the healthcare reform policies of two states, Florida and another of the student’s choice. The purpose is to advise Rasmussen Healthcare Systems on whether to expand to the other state while considering the ethical issues and moral disputes in each state’s reform.
The healthcare reform policies in Florida and California have several similarities and differences. The purpose of Florida’s healthcare reform policy is to improve access to quality and affordable healthcare for all Floridians. California’s healthcare reform policy aims to make healthcare coverage accessible and affordable to all Californians while improving the quality of healthcare services.
Both states’ health reform policies require individuals to have health insurance coverage, but California imposes penalties on individuals who do not comply. Both states also provide some subsidies to low-income individuals to help them afford health insurance coverage. However, California’s subsidies are more generous than Florida’s. Eligibility for Medicaid is similar in both states, but California has a more extensive Medicaid program than Florida.
An ethical issue in Florida’s healthcare reform policy is whether the law violates the constitutional rights of individuals by mandating them to purchase health insurance. In California, a primary ethical issue in the reform policy is the availability of healthcare services to the undocumented population.
In conclusion, I recommend that Rasmussen Healthcare Systems expand to California. The state offers more generous subsidies, has a more extensive Medicaid program, and imposes penalties on individuals who do not comply with the insurance coverage requirement. However, the ethical issues and moral disputes in California’s healthcare reform policy must be considered before expansion.