Create a personal development plan that integrates your coaching sessions, journal entries, research on emotional intelligence, and SMART goals.
Setting specific attainable goals with a timetable and a method to check progress provides a concrete roadmap for skill and personal development.
Competency 3: Create a personal development plan.By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Articulate future developmental needs, factoring in accurate self-assessment and feedback from others.
- Detail SMART goals in a multiyear plan.
- Describe a plan to tackle fundamental behavior changes.
- Analyze how the plan will develop and enhance personal skills to add value to an organization
- Describe a process to review and update a plan on a continuous basis.
- Competency 2: Apply strategies for successful coaching.
- Illustrate the application of coaching strategies with a coachee.
- Highlight specific strategies for building trust and rapport when coaching others.
- Describe specific checks or measures to ensure equity and honesty when working with employees and community stakeholders.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with the expectations for a health care professional.
- Use current APA style and formatting and correct grammar and mechanics in writing.
Expert Solution Preview
To create a personal development plan that integrates coaching sessions, journal entries, emotional intelligence research, and SMART goals, it is important to first conduct an accurate self-assessment and solicit feedback from others. This feedback should be used to identify future developmental needs. Once these needs have been identified, SMART goals should be developed with a multi-year timeline and specific measures for assessing progress towards the attainment of these goals. In addition to setting goals, a plan should be created for tackling fundamental behavior changes. It is important to analyze how the plan will develop and enhance personal skills to add value to an organization. Finally, a process should be described for reviewing and updating the personal development plan on a continuous basis.
Successful coaching strategies should be applied by illustrating the application of coaching strategies with a coachee. Specific strategies for building trust and rapport when coaching others should also be highlighted. When working with employees and community stakeholders, specific checks or measures should be employed to ensure equity and honesty.
Communication should be consistent with the expectations for a healthcare professional by using current APA style and formatting. Correct grammar and mechanics should also be employed in writing.