12. Which architect designed the Villa Capra/Villa Rotonda? What was the original purpose of this building and how does the purpose relate to the architecture? Describe two ways in which the architect found inspiration from classical structures or ideas. (5 points)
13. We discussed the Chair of Reniseneb in class. Who was Reniseneb? Describe three ways in which this piece exemplifies hierarchy in ancient Egyptian society. (You may search for the chair on the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s website (accession #68.58) if you would like to look at it more closely and zoom into its details. (5 points)
14. What is the difference between a grotesque and a gargoyle? What common function do they share? (2 points)
15. What is an illuminated manuscript? (1 point)
16. What is a studiolo? Where is it usually situated in a home? What is its purpose? (3 points)
17. Compare and contrast Gothic architecture to Romanesque architecture. Identify at least three stylistic characteristics of each within your answer and explain their symbolism, function, or cultural significance. You may want to use specific examples of architecture, like those we looked at in class, to support your ideas. Be sure to include the name of the structure and designer (if known) when referring to specific examples. (10 points)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"