1) Explain, briefly, one of the major theories of development.
2) Describe how you will use the information learned in this class to further yourself professionally.
Discussion 2 (1 PAGE)
1) Discuss the way in which the various sensory systems develop and how sensory development impacts a child’s perception of the world.
2) Explain in your post how you might suggest a parent adjusts the home environment and social situations to allow for the infant and young child’s system to develop.
Discussion 3 (1 PAGE)
In your initial post:
1) Identify what you consider to be a sexual identity-related problem or issue that is of importance to you and to society and culture.
2) Identify and evaluate the key positions and theoretical arguments relating to your issue.
3) Include in your discussion comments on what you have learned about the reasons for differences in sexual orientation (e.g., from biological, cultural, or physiological causes).
4) Ground all positions and conclusions in theory and evidence.
Discussion 4 (1 PAGE)
Cognitive Maltreatment and Neural Development
Chapter 5 of the course textbook discusses the brain development of the child in early life as well as the impact of accidents and maltreatment. The required article by Perry (2009) (ATTACHED) illustrates and defends an approach to child maltreatment based on neurodevelopmental analysis that seeks to understand and treat abuse victims with reference to the areas of the brain affected.
Based on these readings, account for or respond to each of the following in your initial post:
· Analyze the findings of the Perry study, addressing the strengths and shortcomings of the neurodevelopmental approach. Are there limits to this sort of approach, and if so, what alternative approach might add something to a neurobiological analysis?
· Offer a real life experience, alternative study, or recent news report that in some way illustrates or casts light upon Perry’s findings.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
This template supports the sidebar's widgets. Add one or use Full Width layout.