Touchstone: Analyzing Your Personal Finances SCENARIO: Three months have passedJune 27, 2022
ReadingAssignment Hoyle et al pp. 79-107 How can you assessJune 27, 2022
- What screening tools can be used to affirm your initial diagnosis that a patient may meet the diagnostic criteria for a sleep disorder?
- Describe the pharmacological actions of non-z sleep medications?
- What problems can occur when benzodiazepines are used to help with sleep?
Welcome to Unit Eight where you will learn about sleep disorders. These often coexist with other psychiatric disorders, such as anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, and cognitive changes. Variations in sleep patterns and amounts can affect the mood and should be of concern to the PMHNP.
Unit Eight Learning Objectives:
- Discover sleep disorder medications.
- Prioritize treatment considerations for a diagnosis of sleep disorder.
Unit Eight Course Objectives:
- Understand and be able to articulate fundamentals of neurotransmission as it relates to psychotropic medications.
- Discuss major categories of psychotropic drugs, their rationale for use, mechanisms of action, common side effects, and drug interactions.
- Utilize clinical assessment tools associated with diagnosing and prescribing for psychiatric disorders and begin to utilize these tools in clinical settings to assist with diagnosis and treatment of chronic mental health conditions.
- Propose psychotherapeutic medication for selected patients keeping in mind safety concerns while utilizing knowledge of current mental health, medical concerns, age, gender, cultural factors, genetic factors, ethical concerns, patient values, and prescriptive authority impact decision making.
- Utilize research and provide basic diagnostic and psychopharmacology education to your client and his/her family when prescribing.
Unit Eight Required Readings/Resources:
Stahl, S. M. (2021). Stahl’s essential psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific basis and practical application (5th ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"