Please thoughtfully answer the following questions:
1. What, according to Professor Virginia Espino, is the connection between what happened at the L.A. county hospital in the 1970s to what recently occurred with immigrant women in
ICE detention centers?
2. Why do feminist scholars and activists need to focus on more than just the reproductive rights framework? Why is the framework of reproductive justice necessary to understand the
history and contemporary occurrences of sterilization against women of color?
! Please remember: it is your responsibility to demonstrate a sincere knowledge of the film clip. Please reply with complete and thoughtful answers that prove – beyond any doubt – that
you took the time to view this important source.
• The ideas in your response must be your own. Do not take ideas verbatim from any “study” or plagiarism websites.
• All information incorporated from the above source and other sources in the class must be referenced with in-text citations.
• You’re always encouraged to tie in elements from other readings or lessons. If you incorporate ideas from our lectures or other readings, please remember to properly cite the source in-
text. If you need help with citations, please refer to MLA Style Center In-Text Citation Guide.
Length and Content
• For this assignment, quality is much more important than quantity. You only need to write 2-4 sentences for each question. But, please seriously reflect on the work before drafting
Please include at least one in-text citation in this assignment (you may likely need to include more than one.) You can cite this video, your own outside resources, the lessons, a radio
story, etc. Citations need to be academic and reliable. Please refer to MLA Style Center In-Text Citation Guide for in-text citation support.
Remember to think critically! Examine the evidence presented, consider thèbeaker, consider the arguments coming from your professor and classmates and, ultimately, decide for Yourself