1. Name 3 typical remote sensing platforms to collect digital mapping data
2. What kind of information does a digital map have?
3. Name 3 kinds of remotely sensed data discussed in class.
4. Name 4 applications for digital maps.
5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of photogrammetry?
6. Research online and find an example for digital mapping applied in civil engineering. Write half a
page to describe your findings. Cite your sources for credit.
7. Read/watch 2 of the following articles/videos, summarize the difference between two feet in
United States and comment of the future of the US survey foot with 2 paragraphs.
Newstalk’s Moncrieff Show (Irish radio show): https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-
from-moncrieff/americas-two-feet (Sep 11, 2020).
Arizona Star: https://tucson.com/news/local/arizona-surveyor-thinks-america-can-stand-on-
one-foot/article_0d82b74f-bb9e-57e2-a1e6-214d9f342c9f.html (Sep 5, 2020).
New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/science/foot-surveying-metrology-
dennis.html(Aug 18, 2020).
Scientific American: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/multistate-disagreement-over-
the-length-of-the-foot-to-end/ (Jun 1, 2020).
The Associated Press: https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/us-going-
international-route-for-official-foot-measurement-1915219/ (Dec 15, 2019)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
This template supports the sidebar's widgets. Add one or use Full Width layout.