Your goal for this assignment is to: Practice your problem solving skill by answering questions about statistical concepts and the benefits and uses of data-driven decision making.
Steps to Complete:
STEP 1: Answer the questions below in a Word document.
STEP 2: Save and submit your Word document in the Assignment link in the Week 3 Submit page in BlackBoard.
1. Explain the difference between descriptive and inferential statistical methods and give an example of how each could help you draw a conclusion in the real world.
2. You would like to determine whether eating before bed influences sleep patterns. List each step you would take to conduct a statistical study on this topic and explain what you would do to complete each step. Then, answer the questions below.
3. A company that sells tea and coffee claims that drinking two cups of green tea daily has been shown to increase mood and well-being. This claim is based on surveys asking customers to rate their mood on a scale of 1–10 after days they drink/do not drink different types of tea. Based on this information, answer the following questions:
4. Identify two examples of real world problems that you have observed in your personal, academic, or professional life that could benefit from data driven solutions. Explain how you would use data/statistics and the steps you would take to analyze each problem. You may also choose topics below (or examples from the weekly content) to help support your response:
5. How does analyzing data on these real world problems aid in problem solving and drawing conclusions? Be sure to note the value and benefits of data-driven decision making.