Please provide an elaborate answer on each of the following questions:
1. What are the trade-offs that determine the size of the cache memory?
2. What is an interrupt?
3. What is the kernel of an OS?
4. List and briefly explain five storage management responsibilities of a typical OS.
5. What does it mean to preempt a process?
6. What is the difference between a mode switch and a process switch?
Word Count: 5000 words (maximum)
Your work needs to be well written and have quality information. Your work must be clear and must be able to educate someone with no prior knowledge in the field of operating systems.
Assignment Evaluation Rules:
• Overall presentation 10%
• Structure 10%
• Introduction 10%
• Main body
o Critical analysis/evaluation 50%
o Recommendations 10%
o Conclusion 10%