Use the Excel file attached. This file contains GE’s daily stock market data covering the period of 12/13/2010 to 12/11/2018. The file includes a total of 2,013 daily transaction records including date, opening price of the GE stock for the day, highest price, lowest price, closing price, closing price adjusted for dividends, and the number of stocks traded (volume).
Complete the following tasks on GE’s stock and copy your results in a word document and submit your report.
● Use the explore command in SPSS and explain whether the trading volume of the stock is normally distributed. Make sure to discuss, mean, median, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, and results from the test of normality.
○ (If you do not have access to SPSS, in Excel use the Data Analysis on the “DATA” tab, then select descriptive statistics).
● Select a random sample of exactly 125 observations. Then run the descriptive command and calculate the mean and standard deviation of the sample. Calculate the 95% confidence interval for the mean and verify if the population mean is within the estimated confidence interval.
○ (If you do not have access to SPSS, in Excel use the Sampling on the Data Analysis tab to select your sample).
Suppose you believe that the true average daily trade volume for General Electric stock is 49,829,719 shares and a standard deviation of 21,059,637 shares. Considering a 95% confidence level:
● What is the minimum required sample size if you would like your sampling error to be limited to 1,000,000 shares?
● What sample size would offer a sampling error of not more than 2,000,000 shares?
Refer to the sample size of 125 that you found in the previous section above,
● Conduct a one-population test of hypothesis for the mean of the volume and determine if the null hypothesis should be rejected or not.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
This template supports the sidebar's widgets. Add one or use Full Width layout.